Recruitment Complaints

The Commission can hear complaints from anyone who believes a department has breached the requirements of the Recruitment Principles.
In the first instance, the matter should be raised with the department concerned. If the person who raises the concern is not satisfied with the department's response, they may bring their complaint to the Commission.
The Commission can only accept complaints about external competitions, internal competitions including promotion are outside of our remit.
The Commission publishes a guide that outlines its approach to handling a complaint under the Recruitment Principles.
The Recruitment Principles - A guide to bringing a complaint to the Civil Service Commission (PDF, 10 pages, 390KB) explains what you should do, how we decide whether to accept your request for a complaint investigation, and how we will go about our investigation.
Please send us the details of your complaint, together with the department or agency's response, so that we can consider whether we can investigate your complaint to -
Civil Service Commission
Room G8
1 Horse Guards Road
London SW1A 2HQ
Phone: 020 7271 0831
You may also find it beneficial to look at theĀ Outcome of Recruitment ComplaintsĀ brought to the Commission to get an understanding on the types of complaints we investigate.
HM Government logo